In rare cases, you may receive “The account was not active” error message when attempting to use your prepaid card for online purchases. Prepaid Cards are marked as potentially fraudulent as a security measure. Our Visa partner has alerts in-place so they can help monitor suspicious redemption behaviors and protect clients from fraud.
- Here are a few factors that can cause a Prepaid Card to be marked as potentially fraudulent:
- The nature of an attempted transaction such as money transfers
- The specific merchant is flagged at the processor level if it is connected to
- High frequency of consecutive attempts in a short period of time
- Name match to the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) list
- Here is the next step for reactivating accounts that are flagged as a potential fraud:
- The cardholder can contact cardholder services via the contact information on their prepaid card page.