In rare cases, you may receive “The account was not active” error message when attempting to use your Virtual Visa card for online purchases. Prepaid Cards are marked as potentially fraudulent as a security measure. Our Visa partner has alerts in-place so they can help monitor suspicious redemption behaviours and protect clients from fraud.
- Here are a few factors that can cause a Prepaid Card to be marked as potentially fraudulent:
- The nature of an attempted transaction such as money transfers
- The specific merchant is flagged at the processor level if it is connected to
- High frequency of consecutive attempts in a short period of time
- Name match to the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) list
- Here is the next step for reactivating accounts that are flagged as a potential fraud:
- The cardholder can contact Swift Customer Support between 8 am and 6 pm M-F at 877-325-8444.